Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hodge Podge



Hodge-podge is a word used to describe a confused or disorderly mass or collection of things; a "mess" or a "jumble". - via wikipedia

Mess or jumble... that pretty much sums it up for me.
*I am just a week away from starting on paintings for the Norcross Art Fest. I'm really excited... and I'm really nervous about it! It's only 2 1/2 months away... that's about 10 weeks... and really not a lot of time considering I have to be finished painting about 2 weeks early for the paintings to cure. Oh... I'm getting nervous, again! 
*I need to place a substantial order with DickBlick for all my paints and canvases before the weekend.
*I have a few angel wings orders to finish before the end of the month. These are helping to fund my art supplies and canopy for the festival. ~ thank you customers! <3
*We bought 2 recliners and a sofa (not sure if that's the exact style in that link) last weekend and I need to get our current sofa and loveseat sold and out of the living room asap! All 3 new pieces are dark brown. I will add color with accessories and another chair. Roger's recliner is very uncomfortable... not good for a bad back at all, so it will be going to the dumpster when our new furniture arrives. We were shopping for just one recliner, but a tax-free weekend and a sale at Knoxville Wholesale Furniture prompted us to go ahead and get started on the new pieces we had planned on buying a little later. I still need to find a fabric covered accent chair to complete the room. I'll share photos a little later.
*Our wedding anniversary is the 29th...  29 years... whoo-hoo!!! We had hoped to spend a some time away from home, but my father-in-law has not been well and it all depends on how he's doing. We will decide in a few days when we can get away.

I guess I'll just have to do all I can, when I can, and let the rest fall into place. As my daughter keeps reminding me, I'm only human and can only do so much. :)

Take care & God bless,
Lana

2 comments:

  1. Take a deep breath! Whew, doesn't that feel better? You'll work out the priorities and get things squared away in neat, manageable chunks. I know you will have a great showing!

    Congrats on a new anniversary coming up. And new furniture is always exciting. DH got a new recliner about years ago and he's already unhappy with it! Sigh. So we need to go shopping for another one that feels more comfortable for him.

    Oh dear. Did you know that you have comment moderation turned on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Donna! :)
      Sorry about the moderation thing. I turned it off and got hit with nearly 100 spammy comments in two days! Don't know why they targeted this blog but that's why I turned it back on.
      Hope Mr. Jim gets a chair that's comfy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
Take care & God bless,
Lana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...