I am a self-taught artist.
I paint with watercolors and acrylics.
I carve and pull my own block prints.
I make soldered charms and wire wrapped bead necklaces.
I play with paper & old books, making wreaths & love tokens.
I design hand-embroidered, wool applique, fiber art.
I love God, my family, my pets, nature, & simple joys.
I love finding beauty in everything!
Besides being a work at home artist, I am a wife and mom (my kids are now grown!). I live on the Cumberland Plateau on the border of middle and east Tennessee and the central and eastern time zone. It's a beautiful rural area where my family and I enjoy our home along with 2 German Shepherd Dogs, 1 Siberian Husky, and 1 Beagle / Corgi mix. :)
I am very honored that my work has been featured in several publications:
- Better Homes and Gardens Make It Yourself 2012
- FOLK, 2011
- Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts, 2011
- Romantic Homes, February 2011
- GreenCraft, Winter 2010
- Early American Life, February 2007 (article featuring my puzzle purse valentines)
- Early American Life (listed in several Directory of Traditional American Crafts)
- Create and Decorate, April 2006
- Create and Decorate, February 2006
- Create and Decorate, Holiday 2004
- Create and Decorate, December 2004
- Create and Decorate, August 2004
- Create and Decorate, June 2004
- Create and Decorate, April 2004
- Create and Decorate, February 2004
- Create and Decorate, December 2003
- Create and Decorate, October 2003
- Create and Decorate, September 2003
- Craftwork Home & Garden, June 2003
- Victoria, August 2002
- Arts & Crafts, December 2002
- Playing with Books by Jason Thompson
You can read more blog posts at Honeysuckle Lane's Simple Joys.