Friday, June 3, 2022

Getting Ready for the Lavender Festival


I've had to put quilt making on hold while I get ready for the Lavender Festival. It's June 18th in Oak Ridge, TN. It was cancelled the last two years due to covid, so I'm hoping this year will be a great one with everyone excited to get back to see all the vendors.



I'm working on mostly 6x6 paintings, with a few slightly larger pieces.


I'm also doing some paintings on watercolor paper. These will be matted and ready to frame.

And I hoped to have prints to offer, but I am having a hard time getting the colors right on the prints. The scans look great... just like the original painting. But when I print, the colors are dark and dull, even the wrong colors. The first year I did prints, they were exactly as they should be. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's changed.

I just have next week left to paint, and that's really pushing it. I need time for the paintings to dry, add a sealer, then let the sealer dry... all before the 18th!

Thanks for visiting!

Lana



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!
Take care & God bless,
Lana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...